Monday, January 08, 2007


Wow, it's hard to believe it's a new year! Last August Andy and Marni settled in at Marni's parents' house in Columbus, Montana after returning to the States from Croatia. From there, they were able to take a quick trip down to Louisiana to see Andy's family. This is Andy driving his dad's rather fast Corvette. Marni got to drive it too. While it was almost a perfect all-around car, we both were a little disappointed that it didn't perform like the Audi 80 we drove in Croatia. I found myself wanting to drift off to sleep at the wheel of the Corvette since the muffler never threatened to disengage itself from the undercarriage of the car, and there was nary an odd noise indicating an imminent disaster. All in all, I would say the 'Vette handled a touch better than the Audi, and I do have to admit that it was nice to get dirty looks because people were jealous of the car I was driving and not just disgusted to the point of illness because of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

An Update!!! How exciting!! I haven't been checking your blog for a while...but thought I would tonight...I love it! Keep up the good work...

8:12 AM  
Blogger John said...

Although the Vette may me a better all around car, I would like to offer up one counter point that would disqualify the Chevy from fitting in in Croatia. It doesn't smoke. That's right, the Audi is evolving and becoming more culturally sensitive. Now it smokes. Unfortunately, that means we don't drive it.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home