Sunday, July 09, 2006


My sushi Posted by Picasa

This is some homemade sushi. I thought I might need to point it out because invariably you get these jokers who act like they've never really made it in the sushi business and haven't really gotten out there on their own and gone to town cuttin' and rollin'. The first thing you need to know about sushi is that it's not about the raw fish, silly! It's about the pickled rice! That's what sushi means--pickled rice. If you're not careful, you might get into the habit of referring to the raw fish component. Nothing wrong with the fish, but the rice is the essential ingredient. So, when I make sushi at home, I rarely use raw fish. Usually, I make something along the lines of vegetable and pesto or perhaps I'll use a little chicken. If I'm really in the mood for fish, I won't hesitate to break out the smoked salmon or tuna. The sushi pictured here ended up tasting really great, and I didn't use any raw fish at all. Shame on those who wouldn't consider it sushi because it doesn't have raw fish. A lot of us who have more or less dedicated--probably less rather than more--our lives to sushi didn't give up our lives to have our sushi slandered. Please continue to look for more sushi bulletins in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home